Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Notes to self #1

So, last weekend, I overcame my scruples and years of inertia to finally chop off my locks. Chop chop went the hairstylist and the mane which was well…long, became about shoulder length. To the collective dismay of the cook, maid, babysitter, my sister and mother. A day later, on a random weekend errand, my husband notices a lady on the road and goes “Wow, she has waist length hair”. Having taken the plunge, my heart is still crying for the locks, so I immediately retort, “Wow, I had hair longer than that since before we met till yesterday, how come you never noticed?” He goes, “Really?” and then, ”oh, I remember you had long hair before we got married!” Eureka moment for him. Me :Yes, but it was even longer when I got the haircut yesterday”. Somehow I just couldn’t back off. He says, “Really?” again, and sits up straight, suddenly realizing, apparently, that he needs to concentrate on the road ahead, on which he has been driving for the last 15 minutes. Note to self: Don’t ask.

No comments: